Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visio 2003 Install error

• Please log in to reply

usagimotosuwa

usagimotosuwa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Whenever I open a folder like My Computer, Recycle Bin, My Documents etc, Windows Visio 2003 tries to install. I don't have Visio installed on my Machine now and I never did in the past. When it finishes loading it asks to put in the CD. If I click cancel, the install prompt will come back about 2 or 3 more times. The install prompt will always come back anytime I open any of those folders. It even opens when I try to run some programs. When I try to open the task manager, the Visio install tries to run. And it gives me an error that task manager is corrupt. It had never happened before, it happened all of the sudden when I just got done transferring files from my laptop to my Desktop PC over the network for the first time. I don't see how sharing something over the network can do this, but it only started happening right after the files were transferred. Any ideas?

I also uploaded a video on YouTube, it's a little fuzzy because I used a webcam capture. But you'll be able to see how it happens.

Edited by usagimotosuwa, 29 May 2007 - 04:52 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
have you at any time installed microsoft office ?

usagimotosuwa

usagimotosuwa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, I made a mistake. I did have visio. I don't have it anymore because I removed it and the problem was fixed. I didn't think I had it, but I never used it anyway. I'm not sure what was going on but all I did was remove the program and it stopped coming.