Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

changing icons

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
I dont know. This might sound trivial, but i have been trying to change my icons for a very long time. I downloaded a set of icons, but whenever i try to use them they do not work. The icons i download, must they be .ico files, or can they be anything?? I am using windows vista, home premium.

I do it step by step, where i click change icons, then when i try to apply it, it says the file contains no icons.
All the images are .png images. Is this why?

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
These icons work with my Vista. They come zipped, so make a folder for them and unzip in their own folder.
http://www.iconaholi.../downloads.html

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
yup, it worked this time... ididnt have a system file, thats why they didnt work previously. The icons u sent were a little too small tho. I will be looking for some bigger ones. Thank you.. Any suggestions on where to look?

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
How big do you want them? All you have to do in Vista is hold down the Ctrl button and use the mouse scroll at the same time to make them bigger or smaller.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
thanks for the little tip.. I love this site

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP