Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just began Java GUI's

• Please log in to reply

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi G2G. I just recently started Java GUI's. I use a textbook which has a simple demo program in it which I should be able to just copy into my IDE and then run it. However, I get an error "Cannot find symbol : class WindowDestroyer" when I try to define an object for the class WindowDestroyer which should be inside javax.swing. And yes, I have imported javax.swing.*! This doesn't make sense because the demo project in my textbook contains the line "WindowDestroyer myListener = new WindowDestroyer();", and it apparently works on the textbook-writer's computer, but not mine!

Am I missing something important, or is this just some stupid mistake?

Thanks.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
would you mind putting the code here so that other people here can try the code and see if they get a similar error?