Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Protection

• Please log in to reply

Rso25

Rso25

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I'm new here and I juss recently installed vista to my laptop and I dont seem to have norton anymore when i did a clean upgrade. I was wondering if there are any good antivirus/internet security programs out there that can protect me. Can anyone list me a few things that i can use besides zonealarm since it doesnt seem to work for vista.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Rso25...

The Vista firewall is pretty good by itself and is all I use.

AVG is a good Anti Virus program that runs well on Vista. Avast will work, too, though I've found it to be a little quirky on some machines. If you want a very good AV application, look into NOD32...well worth the price.

wannabe1

MasterLaptop

MasterLaptop

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Norton 2007
Symantec antivirus
Bitdefender
I think two above softwares are quite good.

smmalis

smmalis

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
My personal opinion is that Norton is a piece of crap. You're better off without it. Use AVG, its what I use.

pyrocajun2707

pyrocajun2707

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

My personal opinion is that Norton is a piece of crap. You're better off without it. Use AVG, its what I use.

That's because it IS a piece of crap, my friend. :whistling: You are not alone.

Just go with freeware virus scans, man. Many of them are better than the proprietary ones. I'm an Avast person, myself.