Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox 2.0.0.4 too bloated and buggy

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
What happened to FireFox? Has it grown to bloated and buggy? 2.0.0.3 crashed way too often. I just upgraded to 2.0.04 and now many pages are not loading CSS (style sheets). I've disabled all extensions, but it didn't help. Anyone else having CSS issues with 2.0.0.4?

*admin thinks he's moving to Opera or Maxthon for his default browser.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I think it might just be you (or the fact that you are running Vista). 2.0.0.3 was perfectly stable for me. The only problem I've had with 2.0.0.4 is a problem with the Java Console extension. (It's not just me either, Mozilla admits in the release notes that they messed up on this, but Sun Microsystems is going to be the one to do something about it: they are releasing a patch soon to make the Java Console compatible with 2.0.0.4.) The release notes imply that 2.0.0.4 was just sort of a quick fix for some Vista and security issues though, and hopefully we can expect a more polished release soon.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
2.0.0.4 seems fine for me. But I'm currently on Ubuntu x64

MasterLaptop

MasterLaptop

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Whenever I open firefox 2.0.0.4 , it automatically opens one more welcome bar which I am not expected. Is there any away to disappear that one?

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I am on Firefox 2.0.0.4 using Windows Vista, and its completely stable. No problems have arisen.

agusus

agusus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this exact same problem! CSS doesn't load on certain pages, like weather.com and news.yahoo.com. I checked Fiddler, there are no HTTP errors, it's just the browser is failing to apply certain CSS stylesheets.

This is a severe bug, I'm going to have to try finding an older version to downgrade to now. I'm running Vista, but I don't see how this would be related to that. It appears to be a bug in the browser engine itself.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Those websites you mention work fine for me. I'm running XP Home SP2. This seems to hint that this may be a Vista-specific problem. However, since hayabusa_mike hasn't encountered problems on Vista, there must be more to it than that... The best thing to do is send a bug report into Mozilla to help them get this sorted.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'm personally experiencing frequent crashes, thinking about giving Opera a chance myself since I'd take stability over speed any day.
I must say I have never heard of Maxtor, is it new?
James

Edited by james_8970, 09 June 2007 - 10:26 PM.