Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Television pop-up adds and promo's

• Please log in to reply

hwonkihele

hwonkihele

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please tell me that someone out there is working on a way to stop thoes annoying pop-ups while I'm watching tv!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'm not sure I understand your question. You have pop-up ads while watching regular TV? This has nothing to do with your computer? If so, what kind of pop up ads?

If this is related to your computer, please go here and follow the directions for posting a hijackthis log.

hwonkihele

hwonkihele

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No! this has nothing to do with computers. I'm talking about the pop-ups along the bottom of the tv screen while
I'm watching the programing I pay for. Informing me what I'm watching now, followed by what's on next,
followed by what to look forward to next week on this network. It seems to get more invasive every day.
It's a simple question. Technology has solved the problem of pop-ups on my computer. Is someone working on the same emerging annoyances on the tv.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'd contact you satellite or cable provider regarding these issues, however I personally believe that it's the station doing this and there is no way of fixing this.
A large number of the stations do it here in Canada and have done so ever since I can remember watching TV. They do it near the end of the middle or near end of a show to keep you interested and watching their channel to encourage higher ratings.
James

Edited by james_8970, 05 June 2007 - 07:05 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Possible solutions:
1. Ignore them for a few seconds until they go away.
2. Don't watch TV.

The stations do this, and the shows you are watching are broadcast with these "pop-up ads" already recorded into them at select times. (Unless it's something live like a football game... then I'm sure a technician starts them at an appropriate time.) There is no way around seeing these, short of not watching TV.

Edited by stettybet0, 06 June 2007 - 08:28 PM.