Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore files deleted with CLEAN-UP application

• Please log in to reply

kizzletharizzle

kizzletharizzle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I was deleting my files from my computer and copying them onto my removable hard drive. When I was done, I decided to run CleanUp (http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/) application. I was not watching the log file and I failed to notice that it deleted all the files that I just moved to the hard drive. (I forgot to unplug the drive). I have not restarted my computer yet, as I remember that clean-up says that all the fiels will be deleted after I log-off.

Is there a way to retreave my files (4.5GB) of them? I really really miss them and I feel like crying. There was a lot of important information there.

Please let me know if you can help.

Edited by kizzletharizzle, 02 June 2007 - 10:29 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
ouch!!!! :whistling: welcome to gtg i found this data recovery tool i cannot say how it works or if it'll work but its free and maybe at this point anything is worth trying..major geeks.com its called undelete plus good luck

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi kizzletharizzle,

OMG! :whistling: Major Bummer to say the least. Might I suggest that you DISCONNECT that hard drive right this minute. I use that program all the time and what it says when it finish running is that there were several files that couldn't be deleted while the PC was running but that they will be deleted as soon as you restart the system.

Whatever you do DON'T play around with that drive UNTIL after you have found and tested a recovery program and know that it'll work for you because as it stands right now ALL of your stuff is still right where you left it but the space where it is has been marked as "Free Space" by that program so anything that you do could start over writing your data.

If it's really valuable to you it might be best to take the HD in to a repair shop and have a Tech recover it for you.

Good luck,

Wendy

EDITED: Here's a direct link to the download page that krmooo was talking about --> http://www.majorgeek...wnload5301.html This is their Home Page --> http://www.undelete-plus.com/ <-- READ EVERYTHING THERE before you use their program. It's not a lot but it's really important.

Edited by wendy k. walker, 02 June 2007 - 11:56 PM.

kizzletharizzle

kizzletharizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thank you thank you :whistling:

I did use that program and everything is back.

Doing 4.5 Gig by hand would've been a killa.

Woooho!

Edited by kizzletharizzle, 03 June 2007 - 01:39 PM.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi kizzletharizzle,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to retrieve all of your files from the Inter Galactic Bit Bucket before they were all blown away by the Solar Winds :whistling: .

♥ Wendy