Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video is choppy and bogs down

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
So when I am in the main menu of any game the video is fine. But as soon as I enter the game to play (tycoon games) it gets choppy and bogs down and has a delay, but once i exit the game and am in the menu of the game, its fine. I have an old radeon 9000 series, AMD XP2100, 512ram. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make the video in the game work normally? Thanks in advance.

---- update ---

I also tried lowering the resolution of the game down to 800x600 and lower and it still acts up.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I'm not a gamer but it may simply be that your graphics card is not powerful enough. Even with enough video ram on the card, it may still lack many of the features required for decent games performance.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Sounds like a heat issue. try adding more case fans. If possible get antec brand.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Did the game get choppy or was it like this from the beginning on these games?
How much ram does the graphics card have?
If these games were allways like this then it is either the graphics card or that the computer. The computer "might" not b strong enough to run the game and the other programs /process in the backgound. Try and run only the game with as few process in the background and c if there is any improvement.

Fallen_Milkman

Fallen_Milkman

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Does your PC meet the minimum requirements for the game? Did it ever work in the past? If so have you installed any hardware/software recently?

You can try the basic spyware/malware scans to remove any crap off the machine that might be bogging it down.

Have you tried getting the latest drivers for the card? Depending how old it is the driver may be out of support and you may have to do some digging. Though you could try Omega Drivers, I use them for my 9000 series card and I personally think they work better than the standard ATI drivers.

Edited by Fallen_Milkman, 06 June 2007 - 07:48 AM.