Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Downloader In My DSL

• Please log in to reply

~ThePunkSamurai~

~ThePunkSamurai~

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, the problem isn't that I don't know where the Trojan downloader is, the problem is that despite three different spyware,virus,trojan, and worm combo scanning programs, they can't seem to detect it. The only this that did detect it-and this is some funny ish-is a FireFox extension that lets you have a free, online virus scan.

Since I'd noticed that my DSL was running at slower and slower speeds, I click the browse button on the scanner site, went to the verizon folder where the DSL Verizon icon is, and hit send. Many times it came up no viruses, but one scanner caught it and listed it as a Trojan Downloader, Win32. with an aprop.bd extension, or something like that. Just to make sure it wasn't all horsecrap, I typed in Network -an in my cmd, and got three 'LISTENING' lists. Here's the image of the print screen I saved of it.

Posted Image

As you can see, there are three. I was hoping someone would know a way for me to root out this downloader trojan from my DSL-before it completely kills it. Even if I reformat, I'm not sure it would work since it's attached to my DSL and not to my actual computer.

Advertisements

~ThePunkSamurai~

~ThePunkSamurai~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Some additional info:

The name of the extension I used from FireFox is Virus Total. Here is their site: Virus Total As you can see, it uses a large variety of virus scanners to scan whatever file you select. From AVG, McAfee, Ikarus, to Symantec, TheHacker, and Norman.

Now what I wanted to do was re-scan so I could post the full file extension of the Trojan Downloader, but this time it was 'no virus' right down the line. The trojan has changed my computer around enough to become undetected. I really need help here folks-I want to save wiping the format as the absolute last resort :whistling:

~ThePunkSamurai~

~ThePunkSamurai~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That's it? No one is going to help me? Tche-figures.

Oh, and by the way, I'd have used Hijack This, but I was unable to download that, or any other anti-virus/trojan programs. The only one I managed to get in was Commodo. After that, I was unable to download anything. Not for lack of trying, I assure you. Oh, on a side note, I'll be reformatting, or wiping the hard disk clean. Whichever. I didn't want to have to do that, but it seems I'm all out of choices.