Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not join the servers on CS

• Please log in to reply

Nibbula

Nibbula

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try to join servers, the ping goes like 2000 and I can't join servers. Other games on same computer works perfektly, but not CS. I can make my own server, but nobody cannot join it. I tried to shutdown the virus protection programs, but it ain't helped. Any suggestion?

Advertisements

MasterLaptop

MasterLaptop

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Maybe the server you joined was too far from you.

Nibbula

Nibbula

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Maybe the server you joined was too far from you.

Maby the earth is ball shaped. :whistling:

I really don't think that it matter where server is (Expect if it middle of sahara) And I tried over 20 servers near and far

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Do you have a router or firewall connected?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
high ping = higher latency = poor connection. Generally servers that are far away have higher pings than servers that are close. Try playing on low ping servers and see what happens.

If your using a router, then I would place your pc in the "dmz" zone. For more information on network please our networking guide: http://www.geekstogo...ng-t102163.html