Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install :(((

• Please log in to reply

TheBadArtist

TheBadArtist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My problem is quite wierd. I can't seem to install some of the apps. The list is quite odd - for instance, Palm Desktop (software needed to sync my Lifedrive with my PC), Macromedia Studio (or any of the apps on its own) or EuropaUniversalisIII.

The thing is, all these work like a charm on my laptop.

It goes like this - I simply start the installation, the InstallShield wizard thingy fills up, and when the actuall installing of the files should begin, I get the message that goes something like - "Installation was interrupted and couldn't finish at this time. Please run setup at the later time." This is the case with Palm and Macromedia - it's kinda similar to pressing Cancel in the middle of the installation. EuropaUniversalisII, on the other hand, gives me some windows error. I can look into these more closely if it means something to you, and help you help me :whistling:

It's really annoying cause I have to use my laptop for drawing, and that is, frankly, crap.

Edited by TheBadArtist, 03 June 2007 - 04:27 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sounds like setup is encountering some errors (obviously). Have you tried rebooting the computer and then trying to reinstall?

Have you defragged and scanned your hard drive for errors lately?

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
You might try dial-a-fix for install problems.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4899.html

TheBadArtist

TheBadArtist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
None of those worked.

This has something to do wih the registry I think, but no program for reg repair helped me...

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Have you done a system restore to before problem started?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
When you completely uninstall everything, then run a registry cleaner program to help finish removing all the leftover gunk... I like to use CCleaner to clean stuff up for me, it goes pretty good. Once CCleaner has run its course, reboot and try to install again.

For future reference, try using ERUNT, this is an awesome registry snapshot tool. I recommend you let it install itself in the "startup" folder so it takes a backup every time you start your computer...

EDIT: In fact, I think I will add these two to my signature, watch this space... :whistling:

Edited by ruthandtroy, 04 June 2007 - 10:12 AM.