Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best way to go from vista to XP?

• Please log in to reply

inonothing

inonothing

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
The computer I bought came with vista home edition piece of s*** and I've gone back to
drinking because of it! I'm pretty familiar with XP, after 2 years and love it, but I'm 67
and may not live long enough to learn this piece of crap. I'm not a gamer and don't need
the bells and whistles or the constant security crap that pops up every time I try to do
anything. I have 2 computers with XP installed-a laptop and desktop- and am connected
to a home network. Can I transfer my XP OS to this new piece of crap? Or, if necessary,
I will buy an XP download disc to install if I knew how to get rid of this vista POS.

Any help, Pleeeese.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Buy a new copy of XP (unless you want to sacrifice XP from another computer as you can't use one licence on two computers), boot off of the CD, wipe the drive, run through, download the missing drivers and job done.

smmalis

smmalis

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
You actually can use one license on more than one computer, but you have to make a phone call and come up with a good excuse for why that license is installed twice. I've done it.