Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone help with my volume trouble?

• Please log in to reply

andyj2407

andyj2407

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can anyone help me with an issue iv had for some time. Some websites such as youtube will not play the sound on my pc, is there anyway i could fix this...thanks in advance for anyone who can help with this issue

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hi andy welcome to gtg. open your media player and open the drop down under the now playing tab. go to the more options, highlite it an click. look for the file type tab on on the top row. select the select all option and apply and ok your way out. do this as well if you have real player and quick time is there a message saying windows cant play the file or anything?also if you dont have windows media plaey 11 i suggest you get it from microsoft.com hope this helps

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
First thing to try is open your volume control in the advanced view and make sure that "Wave" is not muted.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
click start settings control panel open the sounds and audio devices folder. click on volume is the mute box checked? hit the advanced setting is any thing on there muted? click on speaker volume are they set to low? right next to speaker volume click on advanced in the performance section click restore defaults.under audio click on it. whats listed under default device? and under hardware whats listed

andyj2407

andyj2407

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi guys firstly thanks for tryin to help me out here, i have tried your suggestions with the following results.

I am not able to install mediaplayer 11 because it says i need xp pack 2??

I have checked all my sound controls and nothing is muted either, any other ideas??

And thanks again for helping i appreciate it

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
yes download the sp 2 pack microsoft.com

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
How To Fix:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor
  • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
  • Now right-click on the heading Drivers32 and select NEW-->STRING VALUE.
  • Call this new String Value wavemapper.
  • Now double-click the wavemapper entry you just created and for the VALUE field, type in msacm32.drv and click OK.
  • Close the Registry Editor and try watching a video on YouTube again.