Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BBCODE

• Please log in to reply

sweft

sweft

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Hello.

Ok.. so in a forum (basic php, sql based forum with AdminCP) So we have BBCODE, right.. but when you hilight what you want and click on the button.. the bbcode goes to the bottom of the form and you need to move the [ b ] [ / b ] (spaced for example)

How can you fix that? So when you light lets say Hello and you want it bold (like it is..)

I cant figure it out. Anyone have a sample script or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in Advanced.

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
The code for the forum package would need to be altered... a few forums do that (I believe phpBB2 is one of them)...

I don't have specifics on altering the code, but my suggestion would be to visit the support forums for the forum and inquire as to if their is a mod or hack to accomplish this.

sweft

sweft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Well- their is no support forum because it was coded by a few buddys and I. Im still trying to figure it out. =X Thanks Nick!

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Its the javascript function document.selection of which you can use to help add tags.

Example Code:

http://www.byteforum...itor.js?ver=121