Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks To Go

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I seriously think that Geeks to Go support service is having problems, maybe even slacking. I know it's volunteer, but as I was roaming the site I saw a lot of people that haven't been answered with there Mal-ware issues for over three days, I saw someone over a week waiting for help. Don't get me wrong this site is awesome, and has helped me many times. But I think the Admin and other technological volunteers are becoming overwhelmed by people needing support. So what do you guys think. Can we help?

Edited by Kat, 04 June 2007 - 09:02 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, you have to understand that Malware issues are pretty deep... They require some good research, especially for the important issues that they are. You have to be properly trained to do that correctly. As far as other topics, it's possible that nobody could answer the question at that time, and the topic was buried... That's why we have the waiting room though, just for those topics. This sounds like a rant to me... If you want to help, join-in Geek University and learn some things. We always need more Malware Experts to help.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Well I would LOVE to help and learn on the way, but I filled a few applications and nothing ever happened so I gave up. I want to learn how to help people. I want something in my career later on in life to be with computers, because I love computers and technology. So join the Geeks To Go staff or university would be a amazing opportunity.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
If you had filled out applications for GeekU in the past year and a half, it would have been ME who received it. I send either an acceptance pm, or a rejection pm. We reject very very few people. If someone has caused trouble on the site, or has NO computer knowledge, they will probably not be accepted. Otherwise, I accept most everyone who is willing to learn.

You are correct. We ARE overwhelmed, as is every other site such as ours. We simply cannot keep up with the thousands of people needing our help. We do the best we can, but unfortunately we just don't have enough people.

NO ONE here is slacking. Every Staff member we have is here because they CHOOSE to be, on their own free time. How, therefore, could they be considered to be slacking?? That is nearly an insult on the people who dedicate themselves for no compensation...and often not even a thank you...to help others. This is why I removed your poll.

As has been stated, if you want to help, join GeekU. Take the time to go through and learn, and become a staff member. Even if you have only an hour a day to help....that's a few more users who get helped.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

not even a thank you

As has been stated, if you want to help, join GeekU. Take the time to go through and learn, and become a staff member. Even if you have only an hour a day to help....that's a few more users who get helped.

Well I don't know about others but I always thank anyone helping me with anything. And I do want to be part of the help force. But I want to help, and learn along the way. So hopefully I will be able to help in area I know how to, and learn how to help in the areas I don't.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
so you're complaining about how "slow" help is in the malware forum, and asking what you can do to help...but you aren't really interested in learning about malware to help? :whistling:

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
No, I want to help by joining the "team". I know about computers. But I want to learn how to help people with issues. Like I want to learn how to analyze a HiJackThis log and determine if the person has issues with their computer, and then assit them. And its only slow because there are so many people need help. And by having more people to help, it can speed up and make sure most people are reciving the help they are asking for.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
This is exactly what I was trying to tell you in my first post. In order to learn how to analyze a HijackThis log and help others here, you have to complete training in our free GeekU. To fill out an application to join, simply CLICK HERE. You will fill out a short application, and it will be reviewed usually within 24 hours.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
OK thank you, I will do it.