Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Preparation of PC prior to Posting HJT Log

• Please log in to reply

Yush

Yush

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings
My laptop is infected with the purityscan/Outerinfo program. I followed all directions in the article "Must Read Before Posting HJT Log". In normal mode, AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 has been installed and updated with settings adjusted per your recommendations. I did NOT run a scan. I closed AVG AS and then logged in under SAFE MODE. In SAFE MODE, AVG AS will not run. The error message reads "Connection to Service Failed. Please ReInstall AVG AS 7.5".
Back in normal mode, AVG AS 7.5 updates itself automatically and seems fine. Other note: I do have Webroot Spy Sweeper on my machine. I de-activated it when I downloaded AVG AS ---thought you should know.
Thanks,
Yush

Advertisements