Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Stop Code OxOOOOOOFC

• Please log in to reply

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Post back If you start getting the error message again.

Advertisements

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I contacted Kingston and told them that it was possible the RAM was causing the error. Thye suggested I bring the ram settings up from 2.0 volts to 2.1 volts, if this does not work start adjusting the latency setting down 1st, then adjusting in the order they are specified in the specs. Like I said before, the system seemed pretty stable with Bios set at auto for the RAM. I just want to get out of the RAM what it is rated for - 4-4-4-12 2.0 Volts and 1T - I'm pretty sure on auto in BIOS it will under utilize the RAM potential.
I brought the RAM up to 2.1 volts yesterday, and not crashed yet. I guess a better test would be to stress it with a higher end game.

Thx for you help Tuxmaster - this was a real education learning about the minidumps and analyzing the data. The article under your name on BSOD errors was esp interesting.................

I will update as things progress, so far 2 days w/o a BSOD ( hopefully I'm not jinxing myself with this statement).

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
No problem go ahead and post back if you get a blue screen error message.