Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Movie Maker problem

• Please log in to reply

sarahd711

sarahd711

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I made a slide show/video to give to my sister for her graduation. I want to put it on DVD. So, I've tried several times to save it as a movie file (in WMM, File>Save Movie File). However, when I do this, it finishes, but when I try to watch it afterwards, it gets about halfway and the picture at the halfway point is upside down. It also stops at that point on the timer, however, the music still plays. As I said, I've tried it a few times and it's done it every time. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. What format are you saving as? I think the default is "Best for this computer" or "Best quality for this computer". Change it over to High-Quality Video (NTSC). That's the standard in video. Save it that way, and see if it makes a difference. If not, look on another computer. For some reason, evey once in a while when I make a video on my computer, if I play it, the timing is off and everything. If I play it somewhere else though, it seems fine. Give that a shot and give me a shout.

sarahd711

sarahd711

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
It worked by switching to High Quality Video. Thanks!! :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
You're welcome :blink: