Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe go!

• Please log in to reply

imafool4u

imafool4u

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
yeah explorer.exe is using a lot of resources..him and svchost.exe. I googled that and found some windows patch but I installed that patch so it should be fixed, but it's not...

What do you need? hijackthislogs?

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
my explorer is a memory hog as well and no i dont need those logs the the trick is freeing up memory while not degrading performance lets work on that. right click on my computer and select properties. open the advanced tab and select settings under performance. the first one is visual effects check the box that says adjust for best performance. click apply. go to the second tab advanced make sure the first box is checked in both options. right below that is memory usage.select change now ive read a few articles concerning just how this setting should be set. what ive found is taking the memory you have on your machine and muliplying that X's 1.5 and thats what you set your virtual memory to. to do this select custom size clear both of those boxes and type in your memory times 1.5 on both lines click apply ok and restart you pc.

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Yeah explorer.exe is using like 50-99 CPU, jumping around. As for your solution...

Already set for best performance (and I'm using Windows classic atm)
Programs already get preference over system.
My paging file is 671mb, System Managed Size.

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Log removed

Attached Files

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module dbn500.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b042.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
dbn500 try to mess up in my system,
bring that [bleep] here and tell him hey you listen,
boot to safe mode and unregister that file,
straight up deletin' always been my style,
you know how I roll,
stacked deeper than a totem pole,
a 44,
that's my show and now it's time to go,
dbn500 better not come round here no more.

Enjoy the freestyle :whistling:

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
God I don't know...the NETWORK SERVICE svchost.exe is causing a lot of problems now :whistling:

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
might be time to try malware now