Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

16x DVD±RW burning DVD-R at 1x

• Please log in to reply

Geek Dude

Geek Dude

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have Sony DRU120C 16x DVD±RW Burner.

I have 3-4 sets of DVD-Rs of different companies that it used to burn at their normal speeds of 8x and 16x.

After burning few 8.5GB dual layer DVD+Rs using Nero, the burner now burns all the DVD-Rs at 1x speed. I have 2 DVD burning softwares on my machine: Nero and Sonic RecordNow. Tried both the burning softwares on all different type of DVD-Rs; reinstalling Nero; same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Geek Dude, 08 June 2007 - 05:32 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it sounds like DMA reverted to PIO...check in your bios and make sure DMA is enabled...
no joy... try here...

Geek Dude

Geek Dude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the help and the link. I could burn my DVD-R in under 8 mins after 4 months. Here is what I did:

Run REGEDIT. Go to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
It has subkeys like 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. Normally 0001 is the primary IDE channel, 0002 the secondary, but other numbers can occur under certain circumstances. You have to go through these subkeys and check the DriverDesc value until you find the proper IDE channel.
Delete MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum, depending on whether the device in question is attached as master or slave, but it can't actually hurt to delete both. Reboot. The drive DMA capabilities will be redetected.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
are you back to normal...???

Geek Dude

Geek Dude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
YES....