Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One site won't open - always "Cannot display this page"

• Please log in to reply

Yeoman

Yeoman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
For sometime I have been trying to open a CCbill subscription page, but I always get the white "Cannot display this page". I have tried other subscription companys, and they open OK. The site used to open OK before.

I am running I.E.7. I have tried Firefox, but the same thing happens. I have Norton Internet Security, and Spysweeper. I have tried turning them off, but no luck.

I have run Norton, AVG and a couple of other anti-virus programs, but all seems clean.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening please?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
From what you have described I would say that particular website has either been taken down or is temporarily unavailable.
If you post the URL for it we can try it for ourselves and that would definitely prove it one way or the other.

Yeoman

Yeoman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but I have been in contact with them, and they say there is nothing wrong with the site - that they have never come across the problem before. The home site is CcBill.com. When the white "The page cannot be displayed" appears the address bar shows the following:

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http://ccbill.com/

Must be something to do with my registry I guess. I have followed the Microsoft solutions for fixing access to secure websites, but nothing changes. Very strange.

Regards

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
If you can access it from here http://64.38.193.22 it could

be an error in the dns lookup.

Yeoman

Yeoman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi Hary

Sorry for the delay, have been away. Yes, I can open the site from your link. Is it possible to fix the dns lookup?

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
If the problem is only with this site and not a general lookup problem with all sites you visit, go

to the site using that link and simply right click and save it as a favourite.

If you already have it in your favourites delete that entry first.

Yeoman

Yeoman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Thanks for that.

Yeoman

Yeoman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi Hary

Me again. Your advice taken and can access the homesite of this secure website via my favourites now... but doesn't help me, because I need to access their subscription page on other sites. Is there any way to fix the specific site dns lookup, or is it all too difficult?

Regards

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have only been able to look up the numbers for the main homepage of a site.

That doesn't work with sub domains or pages within a site, you have to navigate around those

pages if your browser will let you.

A login page is likely to be a secure https and browser setting may effect that.