Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power cord for 2407fpw and antec tpII 550W

• Please log in to reply

cheema

cheema

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hello. I recently put my pc together after it being disassembled for a while. However, I think I might have the power cables for my antec tpII 550W and my dell 2407fpw confused. One of the power cords says I-SHENG IS-14 13A 125V 1625W and the other says I-SHENG IS-14 10A 125V 1250W. I do not want to plug and check because I am afraid I might fry either the PC or the monitor. Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisements

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
one says 13-a and the other is 10-a. i would say that those are amps, so try and see how many amps your ps/monitor both take in.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Fortune, it doesn't work like that.

It really shouldn't make a difference cheema.
Just to be sure your Antec Power supply has a overload feature that would cause it to shut down before any damage was done. But I can almost guarrentee the I-SHENG IS-14 13A 125V 1625W is for the Antec power supply as a monitor wouldn't draw as much as a PSU.
James

Edited for spelling mistakes :whistling:

Edited by james_8970, 09 June 2007 - 02:32 PM.

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
i was just guessing (which prolly wasnt the best idea) cuz all my components use the same kind of plug; none of them have any specific markings.

cheema

cheema

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I looked at the manuals for both of them. I did not get too much information out of them. Isn't there any way to actually find out before plugging in the cords? I am going to try and call dell and see if they know their power cords.

cheema

cheema

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
So I contacted Dell and they said that either one of the power cords should be fine. I put the cord with more watts in the psu and everything worked fine. Thank you. I guess you were right.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Np, glade it all worked out.
James