Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista - BSOD's.

• Please log in to reply

ecnalav

ecnalav

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hiyah, after 2-3 months of having Windows Vista Ultimate, I have started to get BSODS, which flash to a blank blue screen then I have to restart my computer to get back normal functionality.

Im not sure of what is causing them, as they seem to be random.

Anything to help me iron out the little bugger would be a great help, as it is getting 2-3 times a day thing now.

Thank you.
X

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi ecnalav...

Boot to the Vista installation cd and choose the option to "Repair the Operating System". The Vista repair operation seems better than the one offered in XP. This procedure will not damage or remove your data.

wannabe1

ecnalav

ecnalav

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
ok I shall try it. This will resolve BSOD?

ZConnector

ZConnector

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Usually when a BSOD occurs, it stays for a second before the PC immediately restarts. This way we are unable to read what is written. To get around it, one has to disable the auto pc-restart option from the StartUp & System Recovery settings. knowing the error code, can help identify the problem/solution.
You can download The Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) Primer from http://www.sun.com/d...sunpci/bsod.pdf It opens as a pdf file in ur browser. Click on 'save a copy' to save it.

Incidentally Aumha is a very good resource, which gives solutions to most BSOD's.
You can also get your BSOD auto-analysed at the Microsoft® Online Crash Analysis. If you experience a Blue Screen crash event, or Stop error, while using Microsoft Windows, you can upload the error report to this site for analysis.

source : www.winvistaclub.com