Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Top-Of-The-Line set up

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
this is a setup i was planning on doing.......eventually

Attached Files

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I recommend the Antec 900 case, same cooling, you can put water cooling in it and it's much cheaper compared to that coolmaster.

Raptors stink, you'll be more then satisfied with the 1TB drive, the performance difference doesn't really exist in real work tests.

Don't get the ultra, they're not worth the difference between the GTX. There is no point in SLIing them unless you have to play at ultra settings for everything.

Never heard of the sound card before, if you game get the xtreame gamer from creative.

PSU is overkill, way over. I don't think any setup would/should ever require more then 850W, not to mention you'll have troubles fitting that thing in your case.

That monitor doesn't have HDCP so I can't recommend it.

7.1 is pointless, go for a better set of 5.1 speakers.

Quad FX is a terrible solution to achieve quad cores, motherboard costs make it ridicules considering it loses pretty well ever time in intel which costs a fair margin less. Also, this motherboard won't be able to be used of Phantem(the code name is something like that), AMD's next processors.

Just a heads up 32bit OS's only support 3.48GB(somthing around there).

James

Edited by james_8970, 09 June 2007 - 10:04 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Certainly a very high-end system. I can only fault the Raptors (loud and hot). A 1tb drive will have close the same performance in most tasks. Also the 2x4GB memory modules are very expensive. Why not 4x2GB modules?

James_8970, I'd suggest a little more positive tone in future posts.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Certainly a very high-end system. I can only fault the Raptors (loud and hot). A 1tb drive will have close the same performance in most tasks. Also the 2x4GB memory modules are very expensive. Why not 4x2GB modules?

lol you mean 4x1GB, right? :whistling:
James

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

lol you mean 4x1GB, right? :whistling:

No, he had 2 x 4GB sticks spec's. Equalling 8GB total.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ekk he did too, never even noticed that.
I saw 4GB at the computex reviews, never thought any where on sale yet. That motherboard doesn't even support 4GB sticks as far as I know, I don't know of any that do....
James

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
You sure? This is the only memory I'm seeing him having:

Posted Image

Looks like 8x1GB in total.

Edited by stettybet0, 09 June 2007 - 08:07 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:whistling:
Yup, that board like pretty well every non sever board, only has 4 ram slots.
I think I'm getting a little to tired, i knew i saw 4x1gb (never noticed the second set till you guys said something) then I thought I saw what Admin saw, have to mention I didn't see the second set though beforehand. :blink:
James

Edited by james_8970, 10 June 2007 - 10:18 AM.