Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Save Flash-based website on Hard drive

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I want to save a flash-based web site on my hard drive. I can save the website using firefox but the flash files will not save and itll be stuck at the loading screen. I used another program to download only the flash files from my cache but they won't open properly. PLEASE! how can I pull this off.

Here is the website I want to do it on.

http://poetlaureateinfinity.com/

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
im not sure but have you tried increasing your storage settings in adobe? right click on the page the link leads to an take a look at those settings see if thats what your trying to acdcomplish

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Nono. I am trying to make it so that I don't need to load all the content from the website everytime, because it takes too long. Is there anyway I can save the site to my hard drive?

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Instructions for Firefox: Go to and then go to File>Save Page As... and save it to your computer.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Yeah, Ive done that. But the vocals/Music etc. doesn't load unless it loads it from the internet. I want everything on my harddrive.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Looks like the whole thing is in a SWF format and that should be the only file downloaded. Hope you are keeping in mind the copyright of the site's content. The TOS prevents me from telling you how and where the file is located and how to download it to your HD unless you have copyright permission.

Ron

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
The only reason I want the file is so I don't have to load it evrytime from the internet. Is there anyway you could tell me this. PM perhaps, if it is not allowed to be posted in public.