Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how- to question please

• Please log in to reply

redskyatnight

redskyatnight

• Pip
  • 5 posts
This question must be a very easy one for most. My computer knowledge is extremely basic. Any help with my question is appreciated very much. Please answer assuming that I know very, very little about computers. I have windows xp. I can put pictures from my digital camera into the "my pictures" file. How do I attach the pictures to an email? Also how do I put one of the pictures onto a forum that I participate in and would like to add a picture along with the text that I place onto the discussion forum? Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi redskyatnight,

for your email do you use Outlook, Outlook express, or do you use a online account like hotmail or AOL?

There are a several ways to send pictures so knowing what email you use would help would help me for my next reply.

redskyatnight

redskyatnight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi BHowett-

I use yahoo for my email.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Emailing a picture with Outlook or Outlook express: there are two fairly easy ways
Open your “my pictures” folder select the picture you want to email then use your mouse right click on it then move the mouse to send to, then click on mail recipient. This will put the picture into a outgoing email.

Or

Open an email and address it to who ever you are sending it to, then use your mouse right click on the attachment button (in most cases this is a paper clip icon). When the window opens navigate to your “my pictures” folder select the picture you want to email then using your mouse double click on the picture. If for some reason double clicking the picture does not add it to your email just click on it once then click on insert.

Emailing a picture with an online account (yahoo)
Open an email and address it to who ever you are sending it to, then use your mouse right click on the attachment button (in most cases this is a paper clip icon). When the window opens navigate to your “my pictures” folder select the picture you want to email then using your mouse double click on the picture. If for some reason double clicking the picture does not add it to your email just click on it once then click on insert.

How do I put one of the pictures onto a forum that I participate in
In most forums you have to upload your pictures to a picture hosting website before you can post the pictures on the forum. There are several free sites you can use, I use picture trail Click Here . After the pictures are uploaded to the website you can post them in the forum by copy and pasting the direct link you will get from the web site.

When you post a thread or a reply at most forums there are tags (little small boxes) across the top from left to right they read B,I, U, Quote, code, list, list=, img, and last url. However not all forums are the same so you might have to play with the tags until you figure it out. For example here at geeks to go the tag is a icon of a picture and when you click on it a window opens for you to put a direct link to your picture in

Posted Image

you would just paste the address that you get from your hosting website in the box .

but in most cases what you want to do is click on Img one time you will get [ img] then paste the web address of the picture, then click on Img again you will get [ /img] and that will give you your picture.

should look like this but with no spaces

[ img] http://pic1.picturet...6/258678757.jpg [ /img]

I know it seems kind of complicated at first but after you do a couple times you will get use to it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just an add for forum pictures. Be sure to read the Terms of Service (TOS) to see what the file size limit is. If for an Avatar, note the pixel and file size before uploading image. Keep in mind the copyright status and content of your images in relation to any forum's TOS.

Recipient's of email images may not receive yours if they have Privacy/Security set for their email client.

Ron