Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Matters Most

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

James, I'm guessing you're an ATI guy. :whistling: I would go for the NVIDIA card, not only because I'm a NVIDIA guy, but also because it has slightly better specs and much better reviews (84% 5-star compared to the ATI's 63% 5-star... 0% 1-star compared to the ATI's 13% 1-star)

I go for whatever's on top or hits my price range. Don't go by Neweggs rating system it really doesn't tell you that much, not to mention it doesn't compare the differences between the two cards themselves.

Place the two models into this graph, place the benchmark, then your resolution. There you will find that the ATI card wins in most of the games, every game but Flight Simulator X.
http://www23.tomshar...m/graphics.html
James

Edited by james_8970, 10 June 2007 - 09:14 PM.

Advertisements

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
what about this

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161061

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yes thats a good card, HIS cards are typically more money but have much better coolers.
James

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ya i have and HIS 800x right now.