Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ping problems

• Please log in to reply

keebla

keebla

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
hello, i am not sure if this is in the right section..so if it is not please redirect me.

My problem is that during the day/night (after 9:30pm) i get an average ping of about 80, sometimes as low as 50 but every evening from about 5:00pm to 10:00pm my ping rises to a near unplayable average of 170 ping. i scan for spyware/virus's every few days so im certain that is not the problem. could anyone please give me a solution to this or an explanation to why this is happening. thankyou.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the server you are conecting to gets real busy between 5:00pm to 10:00pm is why the times increase...there is nothing you can do to help...

keebla

keebla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
there dont seem to be any more players than usual and it doesnt happen to anyone elses ping

Edited by keebla, 12 June 2007 - 03:08 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

there don't seem to be any more players than usual and it doesn't happen to anyone Else's ping

depends where they are

it also depends on how many nodes you have to go thru to get to the server your trying to connect to..if the one that you normally use gets a lot of traffic you could be redirected thru several others that aren't as busy at that time
try tracert here...or traceroute to see how your being directed at the fast and slow times..

Edited by happyrck, 12 June 2007 - 08:19 AM.

keebla

keebla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok thanks mate, ill take a look