Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ToFixReg.com

• Please log in to reply

liquorice7

liquorice7

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello, I am a real dunce when it comes to computers so I could really do with some help. I've tried searching through the site for help, but I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Whenever I'm on the computer a variety of messages keep popping up telling me that there are critical errors on my computer, that my registry is damaged and corrupted and that I may lose all data unless I visit a website (a few different ones have appeared, including ToFixReg.com and www.registrycleanerxp.com) and download something or other. I don't want to download something that might make the computer worse.

On top of this, it is now very difficult for me to access my email from my own computer (it is fine from others), it just loads for ages and doesn't seem to get anywhere. This happens when I am using a few other sites where I have to log in (including your site). I get as far as logging in and then I can't seem to get any further. When trying to access your site for help I had to log in about 5 times and each time it told me log in had been successful, but when I tried to perform an action (such as posting a new topic) it told me that I wasn't logged in and redirected me to the login page.

Another problem that began appearing at the same time so might be related or seperate is that 'Runtime Error' messages keep appearing, describing various problems with Line (number). The messages have said things like unterminated string constant; the dojo is undefined and they always ask if I want to debug. When I press yes it tells me the problem is undefined and won't let me get any further with the debugging process.

I hope you can help and that I have included enough information.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
please visit our malware forum, read the 2nd topic title, and describe to them what you described here. if you follow their instructions they'll get you up and running again in no time. once your given a clean bill of health and you still have problems not related to malware an those things please, by all means, come back to this forum.thanks for comming to gtg

Edited by krmooo, 11 June 2007 - 02:40 PM.

liquorice7

liquorice7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for your speedy response. I have done as you suggested, so hopefully the malware forum can help me.

Thanks again.