Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse Collected 11B [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

August1o1

August1o1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I use AVG free and it detected a virus named Trojan Horse Collected 11B and every time I heal it, put it in the virus vault, or delete it; it appears again. Please I realy need to get rid of this virus along with the spyware and adware that it has allowed on my computer.

Advertisements

RiP

RiP

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 8,430 posts
* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

August1o1

August1o1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I didn't read the web sit throughly before posting my topic. I clicked on the "Read this before posting a hijackthis log" (after posting my topic) and followed the different steps listed and somewhere along the line the virus was removed. I guess it was because my computer started to run normally again and I was not getting anymore popups from AVG telling me that a threat was detected. I am sorry that I wasted your time but thanks for the help.
:help: :blink: :whistling:

RiP

RiP

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 8,430 posts
Well I'm glad to hear your problem got fixed, thanks for letting me know. I wish you the best of luck in the future :whistling:

RiP

RiP

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 8,430 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.