Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CANNOT COMPLETE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10 SETUP

• Please log in to reply

musicmaker

musicmaker

• Pip
  • 6 posts
HI EVERYTIME I TRY TO INSTALL MEDIA PLAYER 10 IT SEEMS TO INSTALL FINE IT GETS TO A 100% COMPLETE AND THEN AT THE END IT SAYS " CANNOT COMPLETE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10 SETUP" HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR A WHILE NOW AND HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANY SOLUTION ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANX

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The problem is actually doing you a favour -- WMP10 is terribly 'buggy'. People are having all manner of problems with it even though it's no longer a beta version. I have not installed it because of all the problems I've seen (look on any forum and you'll see tons of complaints). I'm using the free version of RealPlayer 10.5 instead. It can now play all audio and video formats, including WMV and WMA, as well as quicktime files so you don't need to install quicktime either.

musicmaker

musicmaker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok still would like to know why this is happening and if this can b fixed
thanx