Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewall Inquiry

• Please log in to reply

scootie668

scootie668

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I currently have Windows XP firewall and I have Trend PC cillian free version.. I was looking at the Trend firewall,
and this is listed in the Exception List as a Deny >>> C:\PROGRAM FILES\??STEM32\E?PLORER.EXE .. also, GLB5BB.TMP , and GLB3F8.TMP, however GLB1E.TMP and GLBE9.TMP are "Allowed" .. I'm not quite sure what
these are. also should I be concerned about this file C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe .. its description in Firewall says Generic Host Process (Svchost) .. I'm attaching Hijack log

Should I have windows firewall on or off if i have Trend? and What firewall out of them all would be a great choice to have ?

log removed

Edited by Kat, 12 June 2007 - 05:41 PM.

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Here is an evaluation of firewalls. All are better than Windows Firewall.

Comodo and Jetico Firewalls are rated best. I use Comodo.

http://www.matousec....rewalls-ratings

http://www.majorgeek...wall_d5033.html

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
a svc host.exe file runs at startup and checks the service part of your registry to build a list of services that it must load. multiple instances of svc.exe can run at one time. if feel theres some sort of malware problem going on then i suggest you go to the malware forum and follow their instructions

Edited by krmooo, 12 June 2007 - 05:20 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello. What I read of your HJT log is clean. However, there is only ONE 04 line, and there should be several more. You haven't been fixing things on your own have you? Several legit and necessary items are now missing from your HJT log.

If you suspect you have a malware problem and/or you want help putting those entries back, then you need to post a new thread in the Malware removal forum.

I highly suggest doing so, based on your first comments. :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I have Trend PC cillian free version

Just my $0.02 worth, here, but I didn't know you could get a free version of Trend Micro! Can I ask how you got a free version?

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
free virus scan

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/