Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Media Center problem

• Please log in to reply

Jessette

Jessette

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I recently changed some display settings on my computer and can't remember what I did, but I tried to fix most of them back but I still can't see some backgrounds on websites and most pictures and icons.. blockbuster, yahoo, aol and even my bank website! What did I do? Any ideas how to fix this?? My computer is only 7 months old and I am already wrecking it!!!! HELP! lol :whistling:

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

My computer is only 7 months old and I am already wrecking it!!!! HELP!

did you want help in wrecking it... :whistling:
if not try system restore...go back at least a week before you "fixed" the computer

Jessette

Jessette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for your suggestion! But something else must be going on, because I have tried to retore my computer... several times now. I have tried different check points from a week ago, 2 weeks ago, a month ago, 2 months ago.. and it will not retore. It says Restoration Incomplete please choose another check point.. WELL I have chosen lots of them now. I checked microsoft.com to troubleshoot windows restore and it said this could occur if windows was shut down improperly.... but Windows Restore automatically shuts the computer down and restarts it, itself. Weird. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Try these troubleshooting steps from Microsoft. Troubleshooting

Jessette

Jessette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you. I have tried all the steps provided and still can't see certain pictures on certain sites. I have tried the Windows Restore option with no results either. I just received my Windows Vista Upgrade. I wonder if installing it will fix my problem. Do you think????

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
installing vista will give you a brand new operating system so any changes you did to the old operating system will be gone..unless you played with settings on the monitor itself...all should be good...

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
edit ..duplicate post

Edited by happyrck, 20 June 2007 - 06:22 AM.

Jessette

Jessette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks Happyrck! I will try that in the next few days and let you know how if it works! :whistling:

Jessette

Jessette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I did install VISTA and it did fix the problem. Thanks for all your help!! It's Greatly Appreciated! :whistling: