Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New messages not showing in inbox right away

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I have several new computers I've just set up, all with Windows XP Pro and Office 2007. One of them is displaying abnormal behavior in Outlook. When new messages are received, they can be seen as downloading in the lower right corner, as usual. However, they don't appear in the Inbox until the user clicks on another folder, such as Sent Items, and then back on the Inbox. I can't figure out how to fix this, and since it's only happening on one of them, I know it's not a Office 2007 issue.

I've observed this behavior - I went to the computer about 10 minutes ago, which was 10:45 am my time. The last message showing in her inbox was from 9:30 am. I clicked Send/Receive, and nothing new was downloaded. I went to Sent Items and back to the Inbox, and there were 5 new messages in there, with varying times. This is a problem - if she's at her desk, she at least knows she received messages and can click out and back into the Inbox to get them. If she's away, then she's not always aware that something new has come in. This morning, for example, there were several new messages that had actually been received yesterday afternoon that didn't show up until she started her PC.

I can't see anywhere that this is something in the settings, and I've never seen this in all my years of working with Outlook. Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Edited by sari, 14 June 2007 - 10:03 AM.

Advertisements