Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMPUTER FREEZES

• Please log in to reply

Popadija58

Popadija58

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have problem with freezing computer. Windows starting normal but once come up to desktop and when I click any folder or program after few secunds it FREEZES and have message NOT RESPONDING. I tried TASK MANAGER but nothing happened because hi freezing itself. Then I tried to SHUT computer manualy because START is freeze as well but computer restarting rather than shutting. In SAFE MODE I scan computer with AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot but problem is same.
Please, what I have to do to solve this problem. THANKS.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
when you start your computer in safe mode it doesnt freeze up? start it in safe mode and click on start >run and type msconfig>ok. when the window pops up select the 3rd choice "selective startup".under selective startup check the first 3 boxes making sure the 4th box is clear. under the start-up tab click the "disable all" option.apply.ok and restart your computer normally. after windows fully loads a box will appear check the dont show me this again option and then ok. if your not freezing up then start removing some newer installed programs. if it freezes up then its a xp misconfiguration, which we should be able to track down.