Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

antivirus software

• Please log in to reply

sloth88

sloth88

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
No problems at the moment, I'm just looking for advice. My Norton's is about to expire (computer crashed and I lost registration key etc. from Norton's 2006 & couldn't reinstall, so I'm running a 60 day version. ) I've heard bad things about Norton's 2007. What is considered to be the best antivirus software right now that would be good for home use (w/ XP) and affordable? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
AVG by Grisoft is an excellent free program. eTrust is pretty good, and has a one year free trial.

If you're looking to pay for one, and want the best....go with Nod32. Hands down.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I say NOD32 (I have to agree with Kat, it's my personal favorite) or Kaspersky.

I also suggest using the search feature on this forum, as there have been numerous topics with the same question that you have. :whistling: