Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Burning Rom Problem

• Please log in to reply

lubos

lubos

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I've got Nero Burning Rom version 6.6.1.4 and I've been having this problem for a while now. I open nero burning Rom with no problem, load the files I wish to burn with no problem, as soon as I hit the burn button it starts burning the cd but everything else does not respond. I can't minimize it, even if I click on the window to select it it doesn't let me. Once the burning process is done it lets me press the ok button, but after I press it then I can't close the program. The only way I can close it is through the task manager. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem.
Bartek

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
First may I ask, does the program produce reliable burns? It seems you are saying, that whilst it is burning you can't do anything else, and when you're finished, it doesn't close properly and you have to force-close it.

If this is true, then perhaps an uninstall-reinstall might fix the issue for you. When you open Nero StartSmart, click on the fire button in the bottom right corner, then open the "Serial Numbers" tab. This is your product key, you'll need it to reinstall the program. Write this down. Head to the Nero website and re-download the program. When it asks, you'll need to put your key back in.

Try that, see how you go. I once had a similar problem (I have the exact same version as you!) and this fixed it for me, so let us know what happens.

Cheers :whistling:

lubos

lubos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
The program produces reliable burns. I will try the uninstall-reinstall. Thanks