Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
This is my download speed? 58285.7Kbs!!!!
I think something went wrong during the test.

http://reviews.cnet....mp;kbps=58285.7

Edited by keithr128, 23 June 2007 - 11:38 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Cool, I want your ISP!!!!! :whistling:

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Believe it or not, you can read this...

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amazing huh?

Thanks for the fast reply now I can post again. :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah it's an awesome paragraph, I've seen it many times. I don't know how common this joke is, but I'll tell it anyway (family-friendly!):

A man walks into a pub and finds a table near the bar. He grabs a beer and sits down by himself, waiting for his mates. After a minute, he hears this voice say "That shirt looks really good on you". He looks around, a bit confused, but he can only see some other people at a table a short ways from him, it couldn't be them. The man takes a sip from his beer. Not long after, he hears another voice say "I like what you've done with your hair". He is so confused that he stands up and looks around. The bartender looks at him but they don't speak. The man sits back down and takes another sip of his beer. Now another voice speaks up: "You really do have a handsome face." The man jumps up and spins around again, but can't see anything. The bartender comes over and asks, "Are you alright, mate?" The man answers "Yeah, you won't believe it, but I keep hearing these voices saying nice things to me." The bartender smiles and says "Oh, that must be the peanuts. They are complimentary tonight."

:whistling:

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Yeah it's an awesome paragraph, I've seen it many times. I don't know how common this joke is, but I'll tell it anyway (family-friendly!):

A man walks into a pub and finds a table near the bar. He grabs a beer and sits down by himself, waiting for his mates. After a minute, he hears this voice say "That shirt looks really good on you". He looks around, a bit confused, but he can only see some other people at a table a short ways from him, it couldn't be them. The man takes a sip from his beer. Not long after, he hears another voice say "I like what you've done with your hair". He is so confused that he stands up and looks around. The bartender looks at him but they don't speak. The man sits back down and takes another sip of his beer. Now another voice speaks up: "You really do have a handsome face." The man jumps up and spins around again, but can't see anything. The bartender comes over and asks, "Are you alright, mate?" The man answers "Yeah, you won't believe it, but I keep hearing these voices saying nice things to me." The bartender smiles and says "Oh, that must be the peanuts. They are complimentary tonight."

:whistling:

Heheheheehe Funny Joke :help:

Thanks for the laugh
:blink:

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah I like it, although I have to admit I've never heard anyone (or any peanut) say such nice things to me in a pub :whistling:
Good thing my wife is so nice to me :blink: :help: :help:

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Two peanuts were walking down the street one was a salted.

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Actually post 1435 was admin changing the rules to say no back to back posts, (he also temporarily closed the thread).
In post 1436 he re-opened the thread. (resulting in the first back to back post after the rules change).

The only way he could have avoided this after he closed the thread at post 1435 would have been to make the "no back to back posts" rule in 1436. (probably would have required a pair of edits).

I see frantique is reading this now. Hi UBER Chic!!!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Actually post 1435 was admin changing the rules to say no back to back posts, (he also temporarily closed the thread).
In post 1436 he re-opened the thread. (resulting in the first back to back post after the rules change).

The only way he could have avoided this after he closed the thread at post 1435 would have been to make the "no back to back posts" rule in 1436. (probably would have required a pair of edits).

I see frantique is reading this now. Hi UBER Chic!!!

HAHA he has too! :whistling:

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
My brain notices stuff like that.

We need some posts, here.

One of my favorite books of all time is "Mote in God's Eye" Niven and Pournelle.

One of my favorite songs of all time is "The Logical Song" by Supertramp.

What are yours?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Ooooohh tough one, my favourite book, eh? I can't give a favourite, but a really good read was "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown, a great piece of fiction. Also "Four Fires" by Bryce Courtenay was an excellent read.

Favourite song? Oh dear, too many to list... Jellybelly by The Smashing Pumpkins, Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine, (What's The Story) Morning Glory by Oasis, heaps of others...

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
I looooove Supertramp - one of my all time favourite bands and I like all their stuff.
My teenagers and I watch Zoolander and Napolean Dynamite about once every month. My daughter and I watch the Legally Blonde movies every few months. I also like to watch Love Actually every now and then for a bit of nobrainer entertainment.
My CD player in the kitchen at the moment has Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs which I play while I'm cooking.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I was never a fan of fictional books. My favorite educational would have to be either From Chocolate to Morphine - Andrew Weil or On Intelligence - Jeff Hawkins. They are very interesting subjects.

Song: GZA - Liquid Swords

I was thinking was needed something like this to get posts up. There are already simulars though

Edited by Titan8990, 24 June 2007 - 07:08 PM.

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Probably not the best place for a question, but maybe some one will answer.

I was just playing "little brown Jug" (Glenn miller version) and my 11 year old was trying to move to it. What was the authentic dance for that song?

And if book and song has been done other places, what can we get a serious amount of energy from here, that doesn't violate the TOU?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I don't think book and song specifically have been done yet. Favorite band has been done which is very simular. This thread in itself is a TOU violation.