Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant uninstall sims 2

• Please log in to reply

computerchick187

computerchick187

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so heres the deal. i tried to install the sims 2 on my computer. it got half way through before failing and i got a message saying programme not responding. its half written on my pc but my little sister keeps trying to install it again. i know the 3rd disk is faulty but now the programme has been half installed so many times its affacting my computer. help!!! it wont let me remove the programme and im stuck for ideas. it hasn't been installed up to the uninstall and i'm really worried about it. :) :tazz: please help me ;)
from computerchick187 ;) [/COLOR][FONT=Arial]

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
No big deal - try and uninstall from the ADD/REMOVE programs in your Control Panel,
IF yu can't see the program listed there - go and get Reg Cleaner - clean the registry and it has also shows a list of programs isntalled on your computer. It is a very straight forward and easy to use program - so jsut go and delete what ever yu want from there.

Cheers

:tazz:

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Its not about Ego or about Brains.... sometimes even the very best of us mess up!! while doing things we do tend to overlook things sometimes and wonder why things aren't working!!! and i am appalled at your reply that i saw in my inbox this morning. am not going to talk much about this as some ppl simply wouldn't understand.

Well since yu are having problems with this .. go ahead and delete the directory to which you have installed the software. make sure that yu then run some registry clean up application to clean up and remove all traces of the software installed prior to this.

Now you might ask how one goes about cleaning the Registry you might wanna try this software - Reg Cleaner Ver 4.3 By Jouni Vuoro. you can also try and get a trial version of REgistry Mechanic - and do a clean up.

If using regcleaner---then yu can also remove programs that no longer exist on your computer but do somehow show up in your add/remove program list in Control Panel.\

Well, thats about it!!! Hope this helps - and if it doesn't put another post here and i'll see what i can do to help your highness!!!

Cheers
:tazz:

computerchick187

computerchick187

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
people ive tried lots ov programmes to remove it even the suggested one. :tazz: but the sims 2 wont got away!!! its takin up 2,145.00MB of memory and its unplayable and unremovable!!! please help me im really worried about the computer and i've had to hide the game from my sister to stop her instaling it ;) !!!

please help im desperate if i buy a programme it'll cost a bomb!!!

from computerchick187 ;) :) :)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Boot into Safe Mode.. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to c: drive >Program Files..

Find Sim2, right click on it and delete!!

Now, if you know disk 3 is corrupt, why don't you return it for a replacement or a refund??

Also, clean out the temp folder under c:/>documents and settings>"your user name"

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 26 May 2005 - 11:56 AM.