Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Blue Screen of Death Problem

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

what should I do? Take down the information it says?

yup..then post it here...

Also, there's no way I could possibly delete those two files so the problem can go away?

deleting those may not make the problem go away considering all the errors you have in the event log...lets save that as a last resort as its involved ...using ultimate bootcd4windows...

Advertisements

darkshadow1227

darkshadow1227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Okay, so it just happened to me today again, so I wrote down the important stuff it said.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xE165A000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF76BCEC9)
*** SBB0TDI.SYS - ADDRESS F76BCEC9 BASE AT F76BC000, DATESTAMP 463EFC0B

So I have no idea what this means at all. Hopefully you'll be able to help me with this? Thanks once again for the continuous help! I appreciate it so much. :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Darkshadow,

Happyrck mind if I jump in here and join the conversation.

For the driver not much because it brought up no results Which means it is not a windows driver.

The 0xd1 error message tells me you got the Blue screen error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Most of the time this is related to driver issues have seen a few instances of it being hardware related.

When did the problem first start?
What was the last thing done (to the system) prior to the failure?
Has any (new) hardware been added to the system?
Has any (new) software been added to the system (including downloads from the Internet)?
Has anything changed with the system (e.g., has it been moved) since the issue presented itself?
Has anyone else had access to the system?
Have you done any trouble shooting on the system on your own?

darkshadow1227

darkshadow1227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Well, the problem started about 3 weeks ago, and at first it happened once, so I didn't pay much attention to it, but it started to occur more often. I have no added any new hardware to the system at all. As far as software, it's much harder to say, since I install new software on a daily basis, and many new software were added to the system. So I can't exactly name how many have been installed and uninstalled. I'm the only one who has access to the system, and nothing has really changed with it. I've tried to search the root of the problem, but all I know is the information above and the two temp files that I first talked about. Other than that, I read that most people have problems with their drivers. I did a system restore to a couple of months before, but it still does it. Now is there any way I can pinpoint this driver that's causing the problem? Or should I system restore even further back to see if it makes a difference?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Search your computer for the file SBB0TDI.SYS and tell me where it is located.

darkshadow1227

darkshadow1227

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ah, I see. It's located it C:\Program Files\SpeedBit Video Accelerator, an accelerator I had download to speed up the loading of YouTube videos. It makes sense. Today, before I searched for the file, I had downloaded a new updated version of it, uninstalled the old one, and installed the new one. Does that help the situation at all?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Sure shouild and I seam to remember running into another Blue screen caused by speedbit.