Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Latest Windows Vista Update stops Outlook 2007 from working

• Please log in to reply

Azma

Azma

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Whenever the latest Windows Vista update is installed on my computer, Outlook 2007 doesn't work. It doesn't send and receive emails and when I click on 'New Email' I get an error message which says: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

The only way I can use Outlook is to use System Restore to 'undo' the last Windows update. But then it is constantly trying to force me to install the new update and I have to keep stopping it from uploading.

What can I do please? Thank you.

Advertisements

Azma

Azma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Anyone?

I have now disabled all updates, but that will stop important updates installing.

Can't believe Microsoft can sell such rubbish for hundreds of dollars.

Cybertimber2007

Cybertimber2007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I cannot confirm this issue.
If you are willing to spend the time, you can go to "Programs and Features", Go to Office 2007, Change, and remove outlook, and then reinstall it after a reboot, or do a repair.

I RECOMMEND THE REPAIR OPTION.

Report back what happens :whistling:

Azma

Azma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to respond.

When I do what you suggest, and click on Office 2007 it says in a box: "Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system adminstrator." So I can't repair or do anything else!

All of a sudden yesterday, ALL my Outlook rules disappeared. There were hundreds of them. I did not touch a thing.

I seem to spend half my time just trying to resolve issues caused by Microsoft's software :whistling:

Cybertimber2007

Cybertimber2007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Its not a "Microsoft" problem if you are the only one having it.

Kinda like its not Ford's problem if a squrell crawls into your engine compartment and eats a few wires.

In this case, it sounds like you have some sort of malware removing bits of your registry (causing uninstall not to find the products) and removing your outlook .paf file.

If you cannot get Programs and Features to do the repair, please insert your Office 2007 cd and have it run the repair.
Further more, I'd like to get some additional information from you.

1) Is this a computer that you have
A. One that came with Vista
B. A system you built with Vista
C. A XP system you UPGRADED to Vista
D. A XP system that you performed a clean install of Vista on.

2) Did the above suggestion help/fix the problem.

Edited by Cybertimber2007, 10 July 2007 - 05:07 PM.

Tonis

Tonis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I will have to say I too have this problem. I am working on a network with 16 Vista Business machines and 5 XP. Everyone's email works except for one. The software is all the same on the machines and they are all using Norton Endpoint. The things I have tried:
1. Archived the mail in the box.
2. Repaired .pst file.
3. Taken out and put back in mail account.
4. Repaired outlook as suggested in this posting.
5. Cleaned out the Temp file.

I am at a lost and I can't figure it out. Is it Vista or Outlook?

Vista is updated with SP 3 and Office (including Outlook is updated). This is on a domain and it is 2003 server Standard.

Any help would be great since I think your having the same problem as I am.

Thanks in advance

mariarita

mariarita

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Whenever the latest Windows Vista update is installed on my computer, Outlook 2007 doesn't work. It doesn't send and receive emails and when I click on 'New Email' I get an error message which says: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

The only way I can use Outlook is to use System Restore to 'undo' the last Windows update. But then it is constantly trying to force me to install the new update and I have to keep stopping it from uploading.

What can I do please? Thank you.

hi
The problems usually comes while updating OS with Outlook 2007 and it cause lost of data. You should try professional tool for recovery corrupted Outlook PST files like Outlook 2007 Repair software. Having professional tool always helps you to save you time of making backup. It provides you recovery of all types of outlook corruption.