Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battefield 2

• Please log in to reply

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi i have had battleifeld 2 for a while now and decided i wanted to play it the other day, the only problem is the disk is broken and it says i need to insert the disk to use it, is there any way i can play without using the disk?

Advertisements

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I have been playing BF2 since it came out. I don't believe you can play with out disk. The only way you may be able to, is to contact support through EA Link. I am able to play BF 2142 without any disks because I purchased/downloaded it from their site. So there may be a way they will let you download game to your computer, and using your license to boot up. Good luck!

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Er no, through every method i have tried you cant.

Battlefield 2 had anti-virtual drive protection so you can't even run the game into the boot screen without a physical drive.

Also, EA Downloader/Ea Link does not support Battlefield 2 (probably because it was rarely used at the time or wasnt even made).

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Yeah I should have checked EA link before my answer, they do not even offer the purchase there. Which means you may have to contact ElectronicArts directly and ask for a replacement disk. And they will need your license number I imagine. http://support.ea.co...?p_sid=qg7dItEi If you are a member just click on contact us and tell them of your situation.

Edited by MarkN, 18 June 2007 - 07:05 PM.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I contacted ElectronicArts for you under my credentials and found this, these are the costs for replacement CD's "PC-CD products: $13.00 USD
Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PLAYSTATION 3, Microsoft Xbox, or Microsoft Xbox 360 products: $20.00 USD
Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, or Sony PlayStation Portable products: $15.00 USD
Sony PlayStation products: $15.00 USD
Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Game Boy Color, or Nintendo Game Boy Advance products: $15.00 USD
Jewel Case Classics products: $7.50 USD
Manual (Documentation) replacement: $5.00 USD
Mailing Address:
EA Customer Warranty
P.O. Box 9025
Redwood City, CA 94065-9025

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Also read this article it has info about patches for not having your CD. http://www.codinghor...ves/000888.html

hassan0528

hassan0528

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had my wii for awhile and im curently on 4.1 firmware and i would like to play import games on my wii. What do i need to do in order to play them. I really dont want to burn wii games but if that would be easier than i would.

spooke

spooke

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Are you using pc or console? If you are on a pc what version are you on?
There was a patch for pc released that allowed you to play BF2 online without your disc. Version 1.5 gives you new maps as well but it is a 1.5g download. You can download it here.
spooke