Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Down Temporarily

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi,

I have a desktop computer that has a cable modem w/ router setup on it. The cable modem is a Motorola SB4220 Surfboard modem and the router is a D-Link DI-524. They have worked in harmony with each other and the computer since I've had them (about 2 years). I also have a laptop on the wireless network. Now, the desktop computer cannot connect to the internet at random times and the laptop can always connect. The only way to make the desktop connect is to restart and then internet is back. I have to keep restarting to get internet back (about 2-3 times a day) What could the problem be? My Avast! Antivirus is up-to-date and so is my my PC Tools Firewall Plus.

Advertisements

Low Man

Low Man

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi,

I have a desktop computer that has a cable modem w/ router setup on it. The cable modem is a Motorola SB4220 Surfboard modem and the router is a D-Link DI-524. They have worked in harmony with each other and the computer since I've had them (about 2 years). I also have a laptop on the wireless network. Now, the desktop computer cannot connect to the internet at random times and the laptop can always connect. The only way to make the desktop connect is to restart and then internet is back. I have to keep restarting to get internet back (about 2-3 times a day) What could the problem be? My Avast! Antivirus is up-to-date and so is my my PC Tools Firewall Plus.

Please let me know the network setting in which you had problems?

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
what is an example of a network setting?

Low Man

Low Man

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Like how do you set it up.
The flowchart of the computer going to the internet and so....

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
The router is connected directly to the computer, the cable modem is connected to the router on slot 1, the digital phone box is connected to the router on slot 2, and the laptop connects wirelessly.

Low Man

Low Man

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Your setting is fine.
Do you have any anti spyware installed?

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Spyware Terminator.....the internet problem has seem to stop....it only did it when I was downloading a bunch of torrent files...