Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

favicon dissappearing

• Please log in to reply

smmalis

smmalis

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
A friend of mine has XP with IE6. All of the favicons in her favorites suddenly disappeared. All of the links on her desktop lost their icons too. They are all back to the standard windows IE icon. She wants them back. We could do it manually (download all of the images and relink the icons) but she has over 100 favorites, most with a favicon.

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Ouch!! I am no expert at this but, i would strongly reccomend that you

1) Change your broswer to firefox [ www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ ]
2) There is a setting on your computer you can look at [I do not know this part very well maybe a more experienced person could help] but you can go to 'My Computer' >>> Control Panel >>> Display Properties >>> Desktop >>> Customize Desktop >>> and then check what is going on there. Might be that, might not, i am not sure.

Besides that firefox is just so much better than anything else out there i have tried.

smmalis

smmalis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
she would rather stick with IE (I know how horrible it is and I use firefox, but she won't) and that control panel unfortunately had nothing.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Oh dearie me,

Then I have no idea, sorry :whistling:

Like i said i have never had that happen to me.