Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

'NastyBar' Take-over

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Last week I lost the ability to see 'progress' dialog boxes in my programs (i.e., Nero DVD copying of my home movies or a photo 'show;' scanning with my 'one-step' push button, opening ZIP files, etc.)

For instance, when I used to push my one-step scanner button, I used to get the pop-up option to select what I wanted to scan to... Photoshop, Epson Scan Manager, etc. Now I just get this annoying little nasty bar that doesn't give me chance to select those options. It's just the bar and the 'X' box option to close. If I hit return, sometimes it functions automatically, but I still can't 'see' what is happening.

I've included a jpg of the little 'NastyBar.' (The attached jpg shows the progress of reading a DVD; previously I could actually view the DVD during the process.)

This may have happened following the installation of 'clipboard buddy,' or, when I wasn't able to 'uninstall it', after trying to delete it from the registry. I (may have) screwed up.

Are there any brilliant type computer geeks or gurus out there who have some idea of how I screwed up, what is wrong, and how I can resolve this problem?

I am desperate.

Attached Thumbnails

• NastyBar.jpg

Edited by Mommosan, 10 April 2005 - 04:43 PM.