Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Problems

• Please log in to reply

blargh

blargh

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok here goes I'll start chronologically:

1. I get a data execution prevention: explorer.exe error click ok and explorer shuts down. (start bar icons etc)

2. (some times) I get a buffer overflow (I think thats what it is) error for explorer and the effect is the same as 1 if you click ok.

3. I noticed some pop-ups so I started windows defender and it wouldn't update properly. So I went on to the microsoft website and downloaded the newest version and while
attempting to install it I get this error: The windows installer service could not be accessed (I get the same error for all .exe s requiring the "Windows Installer Service")

please help I'm going insane : :whistling:

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you search in google for this problem you will find many entries. My opinion is that you should first repost in the malware forum (a link in my signature below). First of all take all the preliminary steps. After the people from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.