Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zipped Files Problem

• Please log in to reply

kristina49

kristina49

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I download zillions of zipped files for digital scrapbooking. There is one site where consistently I cannot download anything without getting CRC Corrupt Files messages. I have contacted the member of this site and she says no one else has complained about this. She has a Yahoo group, so I joined it and asked there and no one else has the problem. Everyone else seems to get the files fine. It is confounding me. Here is a synopsis:

I have downloaded probably 20 files from this site (at different times) and all have given me corruption messages. I have systematically tried using different browsers (Firefox & IE), 2 different download managers, 3 different zipping programs, and 2 different file repair programs. I've turned off the antivirus and popup manager and tried downloading at all hours of the day and night. Nothing has worked. Then I did all of the same on a different computer (same internet connection)! The zipped files contain jpg and png files and the jpg are fine but the png (the ones I need) are always corrupt. I have a DSL connection. Is there anyway that this connection is affecting just this ONE site? But why only the png files and not the jpg?

If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. Thanks.

Kristina

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What program are you opening the PNG files into, bearing in mind some older ones don't support PNG files.

kristina49

kristina49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I use WinZip (latest version) to unzip. I use Photoshop Elements 4 and Paint Shop Pro X to read png files but I don't even get that far. When I unzip the png files are corrupt and it won't even add them to the folder. And this is the only site where I have the problem. I have downloaded png files from many other sites with no problem...that's why I can't think that it is the software. Thanks.

Kristina