Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers/BSOD/serious issues

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Hey G2G, been a while, been very busy, but i'm back.

*NOTE* I HAVE RUN THE RECOVERY CONSOLE WITH CHKDSK /R AND IT DID NOT FIX THIS*
I posted a long time ago ere, a problem i had with a BSOD and the stop 0x0000007E error, it happened rarely but it did happen, recently (two days ago) it started happening very frequently, to the point were windows will not boot normally, it WILL boot into safe mode and i am currently in safe mode with networking. Microsoft suggests the following to address the issue:

- Not enough space (no it)
- Soundblaster card malfunction (i don't own one so, no.)
- Faulty RAM (I've had issues but i doubt it, i'll run a memtest)
- System Driver (Most probable)

Now, my event viewer has an error under the "system" category which reads as follows:

The following drivers did not load correctly:
-Fips
-intelppm
-sp_rsdrv2

Before it read more but i got rid of them, it had read ElbyCDIO and some other one i got rid of with drivercleaner.net

I know the above drivers are not faulty but one that is required for those to work, problem is, which one? Is there any way for me to know in which order windows loads it's drivers?

P.S. Event Viewer show an excessive amount of DCOM errors, most of them related to: The service DCOM could not start in safe mode and........

Any ideas/suggestions? any help would be extremely appreciated.
-OCM770-

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
bump

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I would run the memtest, let it go through a couple times, then run a hard drive test. Those stop errors almost always can go back to hardware. Just have to test through everything one by one.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the minidumps.

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > Create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like.
2 > Navigate to %systemroot%\minidump You can paste that address in address bar to get there. Then copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date.
3 > Close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > Use the "add reply" option upload that zip file here as an attachment.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Will do, btw, i repaired WinXP with the XP CD, had some issues along the way including a COM+ error and the CD drive letter changing (i had to use my other drive) but besides that Windows seems to work ok, even faster boot time, i wouldn't be surprised if i got a BSOD again though.

Here are the minidumps, there only 88kb each. Thanks for your help, it's not hardware, I'm almost positive of it.

-OCM770-

P.S I'm rebooting, and if i run into a problem i'll boot into safe mode with networking, until i/you/someone helps me fix this stubborn issue once and for all....

Attached Files

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
MINIdump Breakdown

Minidump 06-20-07-1
You system was running for 0 days 2:25:19.546
The error happened on Fri Sep 15 12:09:50.984 2006 (GMT-6)
You Recivied Blue screen error message.
0x8E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
With peramiters {c000001d, ff9ed47b, efe72ac4, 0}
Probably caused by : ialmdd5.DLL ( ialmdd5+353f1 )
This is your Video Drivers

Minidump 06-20-07-02
The system was running for 0 days 0:40:10.373\
The error happened on Sat Sep 30 10:44:34.796 2006 (GMT-6)
You recived Blue screen error message
0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Peramiters are {16, 2, 0, 804e4c2a}
Probably caused by : cavasm.sys ( cavasm+24dc )
A search came up with a file related to some Comodo Inc Software.

Minidump 06-20-07-03
The system was running for 0 days 6:08:09.824
The error happened on Wed Oct 4 21:20:13.375 2006 (GMT-6)
You recived Blue screen error message.
Peramiters are {1, 2, 1, 804dc6cc}
Probably caused by : cavasm.sys ( cavasm+2502 )

Minidump 06-20-07-04
The system was running for 0 days 0:07:20.511
The error happened on Thu Oct 5 06:27:19.953 2006 (GMT-6)
You recived Blue screen error message.
Peramiters are {0, 2, 1, 804dc6cc}
Probably caused by : cavasm.sys ( cavasm+2502 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have any software from Comando if so what?
A repair install probably will not fix this issue.
Are you still getting a blue screen error message?
Is the Comando Software still running at startup after the repair install.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
COMODO is in my signature, they offer free antispyware/antivirus/firewall. I just use the firewall, great product by the way. During the repair, my CD Drive letter changed so had to use my DVD drive and i received a COM+ error.

As for the video, there integrated graphics. Intel Extreme graphics, full specs are on my profile.

I am not getting any error messages anymore and COMODO Firewall is running. I wouldn't doubt if i did recieve an error, but what would you suggest to make sure i don't get one?

P.S. Right now I'm dealing with some spyware that pops up an errorsafe.com popup, it's really bothering me now..... I'll head over to the malware section as i have run a spyware scan and antivirus....

-OCM770-

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
It has high possibility of being malware. Often times the Windows debugger says a security software is the cause when in fact it is malware causing issues with the security software.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Was busy for awhile and I'm back now. Thanks for all your help, i seem to have gotten rid of the infection. Thanks tuxmaster.

-OCM770-

xev11

xev11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I see that this has been inactive for a while but I am having the same problems.

I have COMODO as well and i suspect that somehow it is interfering with some other drivers.

I have been having random Blue screens, the last one had cavasm.sys as the faulty file.

help please.

Attached Files