Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop to HDTV

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I just recently bought the TV found at this link: Click Here

I see that the TV has a VGA input so I though it requires the same cable as a computer to a LCD Projector. But then it came to my attention that a TV's speakers would be better if the audio played on them than on a laptop's. So what cable would I need to show my computer screen on the TV and hear the audio on the tv? OR can I only show my computer's content on the TV and have to use to laptop's speakers?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The vga cable only carries the video to the monitor or TV. To use the TV speakers for sound-output from your laptop you would also need to a connect the audio-out port from your laptop (if it has one) to the audio-in connector on the TV, using a cable with suitable connectors at each end to match the output-port on your laptop and the input-port on the TV.

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Could you post a link to a VGA cable so I can see what the one I need looks like? Also could you post a link for the audio cable that runs from the laptop to tv?