Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Download & Install any Program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

56FordF100

56FordF100

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Suddenly I am unable to download & install any program to my computer. I receive the following error message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file document.

I attempted to download & install Adobe Reader, EWIDO, ATF-Cleaner(from this site) and receive the same message for all.

I am runnign Windows XP Media, Version 5.1, Service Pack 2. For virus/spyware protection I use ZoneAlarm Internet Secuirty Suite, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, SpyBot. I run CLEANUP program at least twice a week.

ZoneAlarm virus/spyware scan was clean as well as SpyBot version 1.4 scan.

How do I correct this problem?

Thanks....Dave

Edited by 56FordF100, 20 June 2007 - 10:01 AM.

Advertisements

56FordF100

56FordF100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
You may close this problem since I have resolved after spending over a day banging my head against the wall. I resolved by going into the PRIVACY tab in ZoneAlarm and adding the name of the website which I was attempting the download from (i.e. geeekstogo.com, adobe.com). I have been using ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite for almost two years now and this is the first time I have enountered this which confuses me since I have done downloads within the last 3 or 4 months without enocountering this problem & those websites are not listed in PRIVACY.

Take care.....Dave

Edited by 56FordF100, 20 June 2007 - 03:10 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for posting your solution.

Ron